Search This Blog

Monday, June 28, 2010

First Thoughts on the New iPhone 4

Ok, so I have had this device in my hand now since the first day they've been available. I must say, I wasn't as initially wowed with this version as I was with my first iPhone, the 3G. I will admit, the retina display is enough to blow you away. I will literally put the phone up to my face and try and see the pixels. It's difficult. It really does look like a printed page.

The one major thing that I do not like about this version so far is the edges. I loved the rounded smoothness of the 3G as opposed to the dual sided glass enclosure which has a rougher feel to it in the hand. I suppose it's something I will get used to. I hope anyways. Another thing I am not fond of is the weight. It may be thinner overall, but I think with the added glass on the back it's heavier. Maybe it's just my imagination, and I have not compared the specs on the weight difference between the two.

There are indeed many nice new features that will make purchasing this phone a great acquisition. Having skipped the 3Gs entirely, I was ready to make the leap. I think overall, I am pleased with the phone. I am really looking forward to using the HD Video camera and taking better pictures in general. I do believe this is still the best handset on the market today despite the popularity of Android. When it comes down to the details my vote has stayed with iPhone. State of the art engineering and fantastic features. I could care less about Face Time. Who needs to see my ugly mug anyways? Have an iPhone 4? What do you like or dislike about it?


No comments:

Post a Comment