Search This Blog

Thursday, February 12, 2009

Feelin' the Love

Yes, I have become attached to the iPhone. I never thought it was possible to love a phone. I have had such horrible luck with phones up until now that I had grown accustomed to it. I just gave my daughter my old phone to put her service on becuase her pink LG Chocolate was breaking apart on her. That's what sending 400 texts a day will do. Don't look at me, blame my wife for letting her. I tried to post restrictions but I tend to get out-voted. She is now the proud owner of a new LG EnV2. I couldn't stand the stupid thing. Prior to that I had a Verizon Smart Phone PDA. It was garbage. The reception was bad and the apps loaded slow. The only useful thing on there was Bubble Breaker. I had the Blackberry 8800 World Edition for 30 days prior to that and I actually liked that phone. Good antenna, great to have email, very bright screen which lit up brighter when it sensed it was in sunlight. I would have kept the Blackberry but at the time I didn't want to add the $59 data plan on to my bill so I elected to go with the Smart Phone PDA which at the time didn't require a data plan. I couldn't do much with it but I could sync Outlook contacts and appointments, and run Word.

The last post I wrote I talked about an app that I would like to find that tells you what is going on around you using your GPS location. I found a great one called Citysearch. At the bottom of the phone is a button you can tap called "Nearby". This uses your GPS location to find what is around you including restaurants, shopping, and even bars. This was the answer I was looking for becuase it further allows you to make better decisions on what to do. They have editorials, reviews, contact information, and sometimes photos, or links to their sites. Best of all this app is free in the iTunes App store. Other similar apps that are also free that I tried were Yelp! (which is good), and a couple of others I tried like "Places", and "Where" which are good apps too and offer similar features but have some differences to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment